Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Heist Society by Ally Carter


Book: Amazon Goodreads Website
Author: Website Goodreads

Heist Society was called the teenage version of Oceans 11, and I think that is a great way to sum it up. A group of teens stealing priceless items from big head buildings. This was my first Ally Carter novel and I've heard of her before because I think we all have seen her Gallagher Academy series because honestly it's everywhere. I felt like this was more of a summer read, than anything, but it was wonderful none the less.

Kat. I feel like there are a lot of new books coming out that have a variation of the Hunger Games protagonist, Katniss Everdeen. Am I right? Well, anyways they both have their similarities. For example, they both have the same distinct way of get in and then get out. Strangely both of them have a habit of not wanting to be open with people and think through things in technical ways.

There of course is a little love triangle, that I won't touch too much on. Though, I think we all know wish that Kat and Hale should get together. See the similarities now? Yeah, I'm Hunger Games crazed even though I don't even like it anymore. It's creepy how a book can just stick with you.

I love the setting. It's nice to learn about security systems or kind of because I'm always wondering how they would protect things. FYI they are trying to steal a work of art because of... well the reason... it's quite complicated you see. That's was the only thing that I didn't really love about it. The plot was kind of hard to follow at times.

I love all the crew that was involved. I think it's always nice to have a crazy set of werido twins and Heist Society does deliver. I'm a little apprehensive with Kat's cousin, she seems fishy here and there. I don't know, maybe I'm a true Nancy Drew now. (most likely not).

All in all this was a great read for like a week, but it was nothing special. The pacing was alright and the characters were delightful. I give Heist Society by Ally Carter a head moves back and forth, thumb moving towards the middle or down. (3 out of 5)

1 comment: