Thursday, June 7, 2012

Review: Common Criminals by Ally Carter

I
Author: Website Twitter

t's strange this one. Common Criminals was something that I wasn't especially excited for when I read the summary. Mostly because of the Cleopatra be involved in it. I have a strange urge to think dry sand dunes when every I hear here or Egypt and that is a very broad generalization that I should get out of my mind(I know that). It was unexpected how it went. Of course there was a lot of traveling of sorts, but I could catch up with the fast paceness of it all.

I'm on the fence if I love the second one better than the first, but I really loved the beginning of this one *eye winks* if you know what I mean. It's still a cute summer read that is wonderful for a day on the beach tanning, or if you want to get in the habit of reading in the summer, but don't have the time. It's very easy to start this book and pick it up again without having to remind yourself.
Characters are the same. Nothing to me changed among them. I felt like Kat should have progressed more with being comfortable with others, and maybe getting to really trust others. Then again, she is a thief and we all know that you can't really trust a thief, even your accomplice. 

Ally Carter's writing is nothing out of the ordinary middle grade/ young adult realm of telling a cute and kind of been there done that tone. I don't particularly love Common Criminals or Heist Society, but I think I'm leaning more on the fence of Heist Society. Common Criminals was a nice sequel but it was nothing amazing, again. Everything seems like it's been there done that.  

My favorite has to be when they are in Italy. That was probably my favorite parts of the series as a whole. There were many individual conflicts beside the whole heist of stealing a jewel of Cleopatra. Coming up with all these twist in the plot, I have to applaud Ally Carter for that. Also I'd like to thank her because it was quite and enjoying read. 

I think I'd like to read her third installement in the series when it comes out, but I don't think it's worth buying. I give Common Criminals by Ally Carter a.head nods, thumbs up. (4 out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment