Saturday, November 10, 2012

Nanowrimo Update (#2)




So I kept a log of how I wrote throughout this week, and where I was in NaNoWriMo each day. I think that this week did give me a little trouble, but I got back on track, and am so happy that I'm ahead of the game


Saturday: Wrote right after lunch and it went smoothly.

Sunday: Wrote about 500 words around nine o'clock in the morning. Got into a writing block after dinner. Got it going again, but took a while. Wrote 1,763 words. On to tommorrow!

Monday: Knew that I could only write really well after dinner, so I did. Got off a good, start. Then hit a point where I just wrote anything that came to mind, and it  happened to be a very key part of the novel now. I think I love you nanowrimo. *mauh*

Tuesday: Wrote up a storm after dinner. Kind of dreaded writing in the beginning, but really enjoyed what I wrote.

Wednestday: Woke up at four in the morning, because it was the day after the election, and then wrote like a mad woman until I had to go to school. Got about 1,000 words down. Then after dinner wrote about a 1,000 more words. Really liking the way things are going, but see major plot and character wholes. Need to fill them in, pronto!

Thursday:Flushed with homework and no time. I've got to write after dinner to get today's words in, I hope I type something good in a few hours. Wrote six hundred words after dinner. I don't think I can write anymore. I'm trying to write, and have everything opened for me to just type, but I have nothing I feel passionate about, and ready to write for. Ugh! Turned off the internet and got 400 more words down. I don't think I can write anymore today.

Friday:Got home from school and got a little distracted. Then got down to writing, and got more than enough words down, but not as much as usual. Hoping to get to 20,000 words then go to bed. Wrote another chapter after dinner, and somehow wrote exactly 20,000 words. Woohoo! I like you again, NaNoWriMo.

As you see, Thursday was my bad day. I'm really glad that I started Nanowrimo. Tips that may help you that I've learned so far, is to set time for it. Don't multitask. It's very easy to get distracted when you're on the computer, so I turn off the internet, sometimes. It's a great way to just disconnect from everything, and just write. Do you know when you write best? For me it's right after I eat. I think my brain cells get all excited, and so I'm excited about my story, and then I type like a mad woman. I hope that you are having an amazing NaNoWriMo, too, and leave a comment below telling me how far you are. Good luck to everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I was at a good pace and then I fell behind because I got so tired and it was stressing me out. But after the shower is when it's good but sometimes I have to do other things, or I am too tired I just need to check up on somethings on my blog and that's it, before hitting for sleeping. I'm glad you are writing wonderfully!

    Writing was an enjoyment but I had to be in the mood so I'm struggling right now. I hope I can be back on track once I start working on it on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete