Friday, October 19, 2012

App Review: Flipboard


Most of you that read my blog, are also bloggers, and that is amazing, but also a lot of work to stay connected with everything. I personally only have a twitter, and that's enough for me. (@Clarareads)


I found this app called Flipboard a week or two ago, and have fallen in love with it. I love the style it creates and the easy navigation of the app. Flipboard, is basically where you can read all your news, and social networks in one place. I find that because I use Flipboard now, that I don't need the twitter app. Of course, there are other programs/applications like this, for example Tweetdeck. Which I haven't used, but that's because I use my social networks more mobily, than on my computer, and stationary. If you're like me and you have a mobile device that can support apps, like Android or iPhone/iPad then I think this will definitely replace whatever your using now.

There are so many social networks that are optimized in this app. So many I can't name them all, but I'll try to name all of the ones that are most popular.

  1. Facebook
  2. Google+
  3. Google Reader
  4. LinkedIn
  5. Instagram
  6. Flickr
  7. YouTube
  8. Soundcloud
  9. New York Times
  10. Tumlbr
So you can see there is nothing you won't have to worry about when it comes to social networking. Another thing you don't have to worry about is the fact that it doesn't take much of your battery power. Most apps that are multitasking usually do, and it can be a real downer. Also I'm not sure if this works with everything, but if you are reading an article and have gotten out of a internet zone, you can still use the app. It really bothers me that some apps, only work when there's internet. I kind of wish that there's an entire internet connection running throughout the all of the world. That would be sooo much helpful, now that everything is online.

The block styling the app has makes it very easy to read and find your information. I think because of that design, the app looks more like a newspaper, and honestly this is how I get my news. Hoping that the app makers didn't purposefully put specific articles in their news box, I still believe that the app is great. 

Next comes how often I use it. I usually open the app in the mourning and when I come home from school. That is enough times for me to catch up on the things that I've been missing while doing other things without the internet. I know shocker, I'm not always on here. 

Inside each box is your own social network as I said, but I forgot to mention that it has all the factors, and things you would do in the social network's own app. That is what I love about that. Especially, the YouTube box also shows your playlists, and subscriptions. Another thing is that it shows links. That to me is amazing enough, because in the YouTube app I can't find a way to click on links from the description and that annoys me greatly. 

If your looking for a new app to get all your news, and social networks in, I'd choose Flipboard, because it is truly amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. I use Google+ a lot. Well not that much but I like to post my posts there and stuff. I've never heard of Flipboard but it sounds definitely organized and easy to use. (a must for me)

    ReplyDelete