Tuesday, July 15, 2014

K Project (K) Anime Review


From myanimelist.net
Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we're familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings.
Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men. 


I originally found out about this anime through a tumblr gif. That is probably where I find the animes that look the amazing most often. So it's safe to say the thing that drew me into this anime was the art style. I am in love with the colors and the world of this anime. It looks amazing and it makes me happy at how peaceful it is and you can clearly see the effort it takes to make something look this good. There are a lot of visual special effects that I have not seen in animes I've been watching, that really add to the experience when there are fight scenes.

I'm afraid of talking too much about this anime, because it's quite easy to spoil it. It is a thirteen episode shounen anime with kings in future japan that have supernatural powers. For instance, they can fight with fire. It's a bit confusing to understand if you're not paying close attention, but I don't think you'll get too lost if you keep following the story. I ended up watching the entire series in a day, and I was thoroughly entertained.

There are many characters in this anime, who for reasons I can't say are pretty amazing, even though they may seem annoying at the beginning. It is a gang v. gang anime, and there are a lot of characters that you get to meet, and I like the depth and different characterization each one gets. It gives it new life. I especially like the red king's clan, which is the first one you're introduced to in the first episode. All I have to say is that they look freaking cool as heck. I would not lie, if I was living in their world, I would fall for one of them. Shiro is definitely the main character that you root for, and it's interesting how they portray him throughout the anime as he changes in more than one way. I think the characters really make this anime work, along with the music and visually pleasing design.

The anime has an amazing soundtrack that I think really works well for the most part. For example the English rap song when the show shifts it's focus to the Red Clan. Also many other diddles and songs that I wish more animes could create more of an atmosphere with the song like K does.

I loved the anime so much, that I made my older brother watch it, and he was not pleased. He was confused for the most part, and figured out the plot line(which are your stereotypical shounen tropes). For example your first enemy becomes your friend, someone looses their memory, and the little girl always has special powers that you should not underestimate. Even with all the predictableness, I still enjoyed it and would definitely watch it again. I'd give it a head nods, thumbs up, and smiling like there's no tomorrow. (5 out of 5).

I made a playlist of my favorite songs from the anime, hope you enjoy:D

No comments:

Post a Comment