Thursday, July 31, 2014

Diabolik Lovers Anime Review


Diabolik Lovers

From myanimelist.com
Komori Yui is a positive-thinking girl who nevertheless is troubled by seeing spirits and experiencing poltergeist phenomena. In her second year in high school, she transfers to a new school—a night school for entertainers and celebrities—due to her father's work. There are rumours that vampires exist among the student body, and Yui ends up living with the six sadistic Sakamaki vampire brothers.
I watched this anime when I was in my reverse harem mood, when I also watched Kamigami no Asobi and Amnesia. It sounds like a more extreme version of the Twilight series, and I guess in a way you can say that, but then again you can say that with any young adult vampire media. This anime was made from a video game series and at times you can definitely see the moments when you can choose what you can do next if you were playing the video game. It wasn't too bad, but it was there.

There are so many boys in this anime. I couldn't handle the names of these guys and I kind of lost count of who was actually related to who and what not. It's not the kind of anime that makes you get super involved and have to put effort into watching to understand, so I just went with the flow of which ever guy was sucking Yui's blood. Ayato is probably my favorite though hehehe.


The animation was eh, not too bad, not too good, nothing special. The story got a lot more interesting when you bring the past into the present like they do for most anime. It's always the characters past that effects their present and how everything turns out in the end, and this anime has quite the interesting back story and why Yui is there with all those vampires. Everything does get explained..for the most part, and it's just an easy-going thing to watch.

I would not recommend this anime to anyone who dislikes vampires and the whole Twilight sort of books/movies and show, because there is no doubt you will dislike it. But if you are in that niche, it is something to check out and watch over the weekend. I might play the video games if I can get my hands on it. Leave a comment below if you think I should film or just right a review on it, if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment