Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou Anime Review

From crunchyroll.com
Based off of the original manga by Ruri Miyahara, The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior is comedic slice-of-life anime that revolves around the main character Kazunari Usa moving into the Kawai dormitory complex due to his parent’s job transfer. He finds out that he is not only living in the same building as a perverted roommate but also his love-at-first-sight Ritsu Kawai.
I originally found out about this anime through a tumblr post, and thought that this anime was the prettiest thing EVER. Seriously, have you seen the colors and lights and shadows of this show?! Well now you have. It's what drew me into the show, because I hadn't been watching that much anime before this one (ahem, as of this year I mean). That being said, I have to say that most of my time with this show has been spent looking at the colors and animation, instead of the story and character.

This is a relatively new manga (starting in 2010), and the story was probably not as developed as it should be for a show, like it is for the most part in animes. I would definitely agree that this anime was lacking in the plot points significantly and that the comedy I hoped that would become stronger dissipated to be more character developed...for some pretty uneventful characters.

The main character of the show is obsessed with this girl a year older than him, who he ends up living in her apartment complex. The girl he falls for has to be the most plain character for 75% of the show, because tbh I did not finish the show, and her personality was very stagnant and I was not going to put up with her being a mute. It was not happening for me, for a show so beautiful to watch, I wished that the story matched what it was visually conveying, but sadly it did not, for me anyways.

I'm glad that it got me back into the anime/manga swing of things, but was extremely disappointed when it turned into a bit of a pointless shiny sitcom. Keep in mind that I haven't seen a sitcom in over three years, and don't intend to watch one anytime soon. Will I be reading the manga? eh...I don't think this one's for me, sadly. It was not interesting enough for me to watch, so that's why I'm giving it a head shakes, thumb down, shoulders shrug. (2 out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment