Thursday, July 5, 2012

Review: Traveling for the Hell of it by Nick Gerrard


Travelling for the Hell of itAs I read this I kind of knew what I was getting into. I thought I knew what this was all about. Just some random person writing about his travels and his witty and hilarious commentary in between. I got what I thought. I wouldn't say there was anything that really surprised me. I love to travel and sometimes you can't and you live through someone else. That was nice, but I think all travel books are like that. Then again, I shouldn't say that because this is the first of I hope many books about traveling.
I love how Nick Gerrard didn't just say his experiences and made that the main goal. It felt more like an old friend was telling you about his travels and conversing with you. It was easy going and nothing too serious and I think this book came just in time for me, when I was reading a lot of long and well thought out intricate plot twists and I just needed a quick summer read.

I can't say much without giving away a story that should be read from him and not badly explained from me. Though, I did love how he explained the people he met. It was refreshing. This is quite a short review because I don't know what else to say, but if you are looking for an easy read for the summer and you want to experience many places in a hilariously witty way then I think you should read Traveling for the Hell of it. That's why I give Nick Gerrard's travel book though not a guide book a head nods, thumbs up. (4 out of 5)

1 comment:

  1. I tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award!
    http://17hnak.blogspot.ca/2012/07/liebster-blog-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete