Friday, December 21, 2012

2013 European Book Challenge

2013 Challenge

This challenge is hosted by Rose City. The main premece is that I have to read books set in a country in Europe. The book, not where the author came from-unless they are European and wrote about where they've been or lived. Anywho, I wanted to do this challenge, because I've never seen it before and I just wanted to read something new. Something that was out of the United States or UK. Not that neither them are awesome in their own way, but I'd like to expand my horizons. Here are the books I plan to read:


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins-France
The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare-Venice
The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaader-Norway
Faceless Killers by Kenning Mankell, Steven T. Murray-Sweden
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway-Spain
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller-Italy
The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie-Portugal
Villette by Charlotte Bronte-Belgium
An Angel in Hell by Barbara Cartland-Monaco
My Merry Mornings by Ivan Klima-Czech Republic
Cornelli by Johanna Spyri-Switzerland
Animal Farm by George Orwell-UK

I probably won't get through all of these, but that's my list to get through and pick and choose from. The challenge starts on January 1, 2012 and ends on January 14, 2014. I'm pretty sure that I will be able to read at least one of these each month, and that is my goal. My goal is to by pass the Five Star(Deluxe Entourage) level.

If you want to join me, remember to go to Rose City's page where she explains things in more details. I hope you can do the European Book Challenge, and if you plan to please leave me a comment. I'd love to know what you plan to read. :D

Love and Hugs
Clara


2 comments:

  1. Great list! I signed up to do this challenge too but I don't have a list yet. I'll probably just make it up as I go along.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the 2013 European Reading Challenge! You have a great list going. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete